Saturday 2 April 2016

Free Trials and Errors

Turns out my movie is longer than I expected it to be.
I finished a draft of the movie, and it's currently 9 minutes and 19 seconds. I'm quite happy about this. When I was filming it (I might have mentioned before) I thought it was going to be less than five minutes. In this case, I'm glad I was wrong.
Okay, let me backtrack a little bit. I was working with Premiere Pro with this one. A Premiere Pro one month free trial to be exact. I wanted to learn it before I decided to buy it, so I thought that this editing movie was a perfect opportunity to learn this program. After a few trials and errors, I got the hang of it. Unsurprisingly it is very different to iMovie and Final Cut Pro. Premiere Pro gave me more options and it also made everything as complex as it could be. I am sure there are reasons for that, but right now.... I don't know what they are.
Anyway,
I'm going to show my mentor what I have right now. After a little bit more editing in Premiere Pro, I'm planning to move my work to Speed Grade, where I will color correct my movie. To make it look more..... cinematic looking. If that makes sense.

2 comments:

  1. This project has had it's ups and downs, but I'm proud of you for sticking with it. I love the animated title and hope you can figure that out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work, Advisee! I love the progress that you have made, lessons learned, and all the media that you have used for illustration.

    ReplyDelete